Protecting the environment and in particular the Great Barrier Reef is a high priority for Wilmar AgServices. We discharge our environmental responsibilities in a number of ways:
Sampling, Advice and Nutrition Plans
Wilmar AgServices provides our clients with a complete nutrition service including soil and plant tissue sampling and advice, nutrition plans and application maps the latest environmental standards.
Wilmar AgServices' BioDunder product has BFA certification as an allowable input on organic farms.
BioDunder Recycles Nutrients
BioDunder is the by-product of molasses fermentation, thus the nutrients contained in BioDunder have originated from the cane fields where the molasses is produced from. By returning BioDunder to the field as a fertiliser, a unique recycling process is achieved.
BioDunder based liquid fertilisers have a number of important attributes which can contribute to environmental sustainability:
- All Wilmar AgServices Agronomy Staff are FertCare Accredited Advisor
- Wilmar AgServices undertakes and commissions research on the safety of our products to the environment
- Wilmar AgServices staff are involved in and support community and industry natural resource management groups including Reef Catchments Mackay
Working Closely with the EPA
Wilmar AgServices works closely with the Environmental Protection Agency to ensure our products are used according to sustainability, including the following;
- Plant available potassium source that does not cause root burn
- Viable source of readily available potassium, reduces the need for potassium fertiliser imports
- Around 10% organic carbon improves soil structure and improves microbial activity
- BioDunder contains a range of micronutrients beneficial for plant growth